Story time is the best time of the day. Whether we're snuggled up on the couch or cozy in our pjs before bed, reading stories with my little ones is one of my favorite things to do. Everyone has a favorite book they remember from their childhood, and every day, parents and kids are discovering new classics of their own. There are many fabulous children's books out there, some of which everyone knows about and others we would have never discovered had my son not simply pulled a random book off a library shelf. I created this blog to share some of these wonderful stories with you. Think of it as a year's worth of the best children's books around, since no day should be without a great story. In the end, I hope we'll all have discovered at least a few new titles that will have made their way onto our list of family favorites. Enjoy!







Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Day 171: Who Loves You, Baby?

This book might be one of the most well-loved, chewed-upon books in our entire house.  Who Loves You, Baby? is a great little board book for babies and toddlers, with cute, simple sayings and colorful illustrations.  Each page features a different animal that fits an endearing phrase:  "You are my little lamb... You are my funny bunny... You are my busy bee." The most entertaining part for little ones, of course, is the mirror that shows through the peek-a-boo window on each page that allows them to see themselves.  Mirrors and peek-a-boo windows are always fun on their own, but together they are even better!  Both of my children loved this book as babies and would ask to read it again and again.  Even now, at 2, my daughter loves reading it and looking at herself in the mirror on each page.  Usually, she will be the one to do the "reading" now, and I love how she always holds the mirror up so that she can see both of us when she gets to the last page.  This was always a go-to book for me when my little ones were getting restless in the car, or when we were going to be out and about and I wanted to stash a book for them in my purse, just in case.  (It's the perfect size for on-the-go!)  If you're looking for a fun book for your baby that is bound to provide him with hours of entertainment, we highly recommend this one.

0 comments:

Post a Comment