Story time is the best time of the day. Whether we're snuggled up on the couch or cozy in our pjs before bed, reading stories with my little ones is one of my favorite things to do. Everyone has a favorite book they remember from their childhood, and every day, parents and kids are discovering new classics of their own. There are many fabulous children's books out there, some of which everyone knows about and others we would have never discovered had my son not simply pulled a random book off a library shelf. I created this blog to share some of these wonderful stories with you. Think of it as a year's worth of the best children's books around, since no day should be without a great story. In the end, I hope we'll all have discovered at least a few new titles that will have made their way onto our list of family favorites. Enjoy!







Monday, June 20, 2011

Day 69: I Love My Daddy Because...

I hope all of your fabulous dads out there had a wonderful Father's Day!  In honor of you and your special day, I thought it only appropriate to feature our favorite Daddy book, I Love My Daddy Because... I featured its sister story, I Love My Mommy Because..., around Mother's Day, and we adore this one for the same reasons.  The illustrations of the different species and their babies are beautifully done, and I just love how the story shows animal fathers caring for their young.   "I love my daddy because he plays with me.  He keeps me safe and warm (emporer penguin and chick)... He is big and strong (bald eagle and chick)...  He takes naps with me (lion and cub)...  He makes me laugh (chimpanzee and baby)... He helps me reach things (giraffe and calf.)"  I also like that the proper names of the animals and their babies are featured on each page.  This is another great book for babies and preschoolers, alike, and both of my little ones just love reading it.  We gave this book to my husband for his first Father's Day, but it is a favorite in our house all year round. 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I hope the author writes more of these fantastic books for children! My son loves reading book and has such a strong interest!!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

Hi Superwoman, Really like your review. Reading it will surely get back to his childhood memories. We too own wide range of Children books like Dhruva - The Star Devotee, Sudama - A Great Devotee and Friend of Krishna, Krishna Lifts Govardhan - Children's Story Book & much more at DesiChain just log on to http://www.desichain.in/ for shipping in India & http://www.desichain.com/ for shipping outside India. We ship worldwide. Or just call +91-9871712741

Post a Comment